15 Ways To Keep Your Kitty Content
- Banish boredom - rotate toys every few weeks to keep your cat's interest.
- Let sleeping cats sleep - yes, they're huggable when they're asleep but they do need 16 hours of sleep a day.
- Give them privacy - put the litter box in a quiet area of your home.
- Scratch declawing - it only solves the symptom; buy a scratching post.
- Serenade your sweetie - cats know whey they're being sung to and often meow
- Whisper words of love - you're cat can't decipher the words but love the sound of soft whispers and hate harsh noises.
- Take a cheap nip - buy fresh catnip and stuff it into an old sock.
- Clean the potty often - cats hate dirty litter boxes.
- Turn on the television - check out videos for cats or just put on a nature channel.
- Phone home - if you're gone a day or longer call your answering machine and talk to your cat. They love hearing their owner's voice.
- Go interactive - get toys that involve both you and your pet.
- Curl up with kitty - catnaps for two are twice as nice.
- Walk on the wild side - show kitty the world safely by walking her in a cat harness.
- Show her she'll always be your baby - lavish your pet with attention.
- Spay or neuter your pet - not just for birth control but altered cats tend to be happier and healthier.